Brodie Estate – single vineyard, boutique winery
A small family owned vineyard based in Martinborough in the lower North Island.
• Martinborough was the first place to grow Pinot Noir successfully in New Zealand.
• Special climate, low rainfall, good heat in the summer but rarely above 31 degrees.
• Long warm autumns with little rain and cool nights – perfect Pinot growing climate
• Terroir – silts over clays, then an iron-pan with tight gravels below
• Martinborough Pinot has similar phenolics to Central Otago Pinot except Martinborough wines have one less of the fruity characteristics and two or more that express forest