ALEXANDRA WINE COMPANY
The Davishon Vineyard is situated on the terrace above the Clutha River between Alexandra and Clyde in Central Otago. Grapes have been growing here for 130 years. Jean Desire Feraud produced the first grapes in Central Otago here in the 1860’s. He could see that the hot summer days and relatively cool nights would produce world class wines. The label shows a gold stylised Central Otago schist rock (made famous in scenes from the Lord of Rings) depicting the dry harsh environments and the history of gold in the region.