Our vision: Around the world, New Zealand is renowned for our exceptional wines.
New Zealand Winegrowers is the national organisation for the country's grape and wine sector, with around 850 grower members and 700 winery members.
Established in March 2002, we are the only unified national winegrowers industry body in the world.
Our mission: To create value for our members
New Zealand Winegrowers conducts a wide range of tasks to support our members including:
- advocacy at regional, national and international levels
- providing a global marketing platform for New Zealand wine
- facilitating world-class research on industry priorities
- giving the industry timely and strategic information
- leading the development of sustainable production practices
- organising sector-wide events such as the Bragato Conference, Grape Days, Spray Days and the New Zealand Wine of the Year™ Awards
Our purpose: To PROTECT the competitive position and support the sustainable and profitable GROWTH of New Zealand wine.
The New Zealand wine industry has a target of $2 billion of exports by 2020. In the past year significant progress has been made towards this goal, confirming the sector is on track to reach this milestone.
The on-going progress towards our target is founded on our reputation as a wine exporter of the first rank, crafting and marketing distinctively-New Zealand, high quality, high value wines.
Our reputation is our key asset, and this fundamental has been, and will remain, the rock on which our success is built.