Our vision: Around the world, New Zealand is renowned for our exceptional wines.
New Zealand Winegrowers is the national organisation for the country's grape and wine sector, with around 850 grower members and 700 winery members.
Established in March 2002, we are the only unified national winegrowers industry body in the world.
Our mission: To create value for our members
New Zealand Winegrowers conduct a wide range of tasks to support our our members including:
- advocacy at regional, national and international levels
- providing a global marketing platform for New Zealand wine
- facilitating world-class research on industry priorities
- giving the industry timely and strategic information
- leading the development of sustainable production practices
- organising sector-wide events such as the Bragato Conference and Awards, Grape Days and the Air New Zealand Wine Awards.
Our purpose: To PROTECT the competitive position and support the profitable GROWTH of New Zealand wine.
The New Zealand wine industry has a target of $2 billion of exports by 2020. In the past year significant progress has been made towards this goal, confirming the sector is on track to reach this milestone.
The on-going progress towards our target is founded on our reputation as a wine exporter of the first rank, crafting and marketing distinctively-New Zealand, high quality, high value wines.
Our reputation is our key asset, and this fundamental has been, and will remain, the rock on which our success is built.
New Zealand Winegrowers is governed by a Board of Directors, 10 of whom are elected directly by members, and 2 of whom which are Board appointed.
Winemakers and grape growers are automatically entitled to membership of New Zealand Winegrowers through payment of the grape or wine levies.
Associate members are also accepted, although such members do not enjoy voting rights.
For enquiries about membership please email email@example.com