Please note new location for the 2018 Grape Day.
Fighting Disease, Innovating and Looking to the Future is the theme at New Zealand Winegrowers’ Grape Days for 2018.
Held in June on both the North and South Islands, these annual one-day technical events provide high-level summaries of Winegrowers’ research with a practical applied focus for industry.
This year we are excited to have Professor Wayne Wilcox from Cornell University presenting in Hawke's Bay and Marlborough. His talk will cover the unique biology of powdery mildew and will give some control options.
This year's programme covers:
Session 1: New Zealand Winegrowers
- 8:30 RESEARCH STRATEGY AND NEW ZEALAND WINEGROWERS RESEARCH CENTRE (NZWRC)
- 8:50 VINTAGE 2018 UPDATE PHILIP GREGAN (NZW)
- 9:10 REGIONAL ROUNDUP ANNABEL BULK (FELTON ROAD WINES)
Session 2: vineyard ecology
- 9:25 REDUCING HERBICIDE USE IN NEW ZEALAND VINEYARDS MARK KRASNOW (THOUGHTFUL VITICULTURE)
- 9:45 BIOSECURITY UPDATE: KEY DEVELOPMENTS IN WINE INDUSTRY BIOSECURITY ED MASSEY (NZW)
Session 3: New Botrytis control research
- 10:05 COULD A VIRUS HELP CONTROL BOTRYTIS? ROBIN MACDIARMID (PLANT & FOOD RESEARCH)
MORNING TEA - 10:25
Session 4: vineyard metrics
- 10:55 AGRICHEMICAL BENCHMARKING REPORTS – ENGAGEMENT, TRENDS AND WHERE TO NEXT ANDREW BARBER (AGRILINK)
- 11:15 POWDERY MILDEW CASE STUDIES ANDREW BLAKEMAN (AJB SOLUTIONS NZ) 11:35 VITICULTURAL FINANCIAL BENCHMARKING GREG DRYDEN (FRUITION HORTICULTURE)
Session 5: Major Programmes Update
- 11:50 PINOT NOIR PROGRAMME INTRODUCTION OLLY MASTERS (TRIPWIRE WINE CONSULTING)
- 12:10 PINOT NOIR COLOUR - PROJECT UPDATE CLAIRE GROSE (PLANT & FOOD RESEARCH)
- 12:30 NZ LEADING THE WORLD WITH LIGHTER WINES DAVE JORDAN (VINE TO WINE TO MARKET)
LUNCH - 12:50
Registration is now open, cost is $35 per person to cover catering during the day.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org