Fighting Disease, Innovating and Looking to the Future is the theme at New Zealand Winegrowers’ Grape Days for 2018.
Held in June on both the North and South Islands, these annual one-day technical events provide high-level summaries of Winegrowers’ research with a practical applied focus for industry.
This year we are excited to have Professor Wayne Wilcox from Cornell University presenting in Hawke's Bay and Marlborough. His talk will cover the unique biology of powdery mildew and will give some control options.
This year's programme covers:
Session 1: New Zealand Winegrowers
- 9:30 RESEARCH STRATEGY AND NEW ZEALAND WINEGROWERS RESEARCH CENTRE (NZWRC)
- 9:50 VINTAGE 2018 UPDATE PHILIP GREGAN (NZW)
- 10:10 REGIONAL ROUNDUP CALEB DENNIS (AONZ FINE WINES)
Session 2: fighting disease
- 10:25 POWDERY MILDEW: A DISEASE WITH UNIQUE BIOLOGY AND CONTROL OPTIONS WAYNE WILCOX (CORNELL UNIVERSITY)
- 11:05 COULD A VIRUS HELP CONTROL BOTRYTIS? ROBIN MACDIARMID (PLANT & FOOD RESEARCH)
MORNING TEA 11:25
Session 3: vineyard metrics
- 11:50 AGRICHEMICAL BENCHMARKING REPORTS – ENGAGEMENT, TRENDS AND WHERE TO NEXT ANDREW BARBER (AGRILINK)
- 12:10 POWDERY MILDEW CASE STUDIES ANDREW BLAKEMAN (AJB SOLUTIONS NZ)
- 12:30 VITICULTURAL FINANCIAL BENCHMARKING DANIELLE MCARLEY (FRUITION HORTICULTURE)
Session 4: vineyard ecology
- 1:30 REDUCING HERBICIDE USE IN NEW ZEALAND VINEYARDS MARK KRASNOW (THOUGHTFUL VITICULTURE)
- 1:50 BIOSECURITY UPDATE: KEY DEVELOPMENTS IN WINE INDUSTRY BIOSECURITY ED MASSEY (NZW)
Session 5: plant & food research
- 2:10 HOT OFF THE PRESS FROM PFRs VINEYARD HEALTH PROGRAMME ROBIN MACDIARMID (PLANT AND FOOD RESEARCH)
Session 6: Lighter Wine Programme
- 2:30 NZ LEADING THE WORLD WITH LIGHTER WINES DAVE JORDAN (VINE TO WINE TO MARKET)
- 2:50 SESSION’S END: MIX & MINGLE WITH WINE & CHEESE
Registration is now open, cost is $35 per person to cover catering during the day.
Any questions please email email@example.com