We are living through a strange and challenging time. Whatever our role in the industry, our working day and our personal day is certainly not normal.
We are very lucky to be part of a fantastic community. The NZ wine industry has always worked together as a team and along with our family and friends we will get through this.
During this uncertain time everyone will have different challenges, different circumstances and different concerns. Each day everyone will have different ups and downs at different times.
It’s more important than ever to keep in touch and look after each other’s and our own mental health and well being.
We’ve pulled together some useful links on where to find help and how to stay healthy and motivated. This also includes some links on how to keep yourself and those in your bubble entertained through upskilling, exercise and other light-hearted distractions.
If you feel you need to talk to someone professional, the Ministry of Health have a free to call or text number for a counsellor - 1737
Alternatively if you just want to bounce ideas around, have a general chat and feel connected, feel free to contact Nicky Grandorge, Leadership & Communities Manager, 021780948 or email@example.com
In a nutshell:
- It’s OK to feel unsettled and ask for help
- Remember this is temporary
- Look after yourself
- Look after each other
- Keep in touch
- Socialise via video calls with family and friends
- However, limit the amount of video calls each day - they are beginning to take their toll. See this article for tips.
- Try and stick to some sort of routine and embrace your new one
- Get fresh air – just remember the 2m rule
- Keep fit – lots of online classes
- Don’t overload on the bad news
- Enjoy quality time with those in your bubble
- Enjoy quality time on your own
- Tackle some of the ‘to do list’ – both the long avoided jobs and starting new hobbies
- Stay safe and keep in touch