If you live in Australia and are interested in applying for the New Zealand Winegrowers Sommelier Scholarship, please complete the below application form. Applications close on Friday the 31st August 2018. A selection committee will review all applications with a shortlist of candidates invited to take part in an interview in September 2018.
NEW to 2018: New Zealand Winegrowers is excited to launch the inaugural ‘One to Watch’ category in Australia to encourage a new generation of young gun sommeliers to apply. Those who would like to be considered for a 'One to Watch' place must be referred by a previous scholar or a member of the Sommeliers Australia national or state committee. If you are not currently in a senior sommelier or wine buying role but know you have got what it takes, this category is for you!
When completing your application, please select the 'One to Watch' check box and provide the name and email address of your referrer. A list of previous scholarship winners and a link to the Sommeliers Australia committee can be found at the bottom of this page.
The scholarship includes:
- Attendance at Sommit™ (Sommelier Summit) in Hawke’s Bay (Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th of January 2019)
- Attendance at the 2019 International Sauvignon Blanc Celebration in Marlborough (Monday the 28th to Wednesday the 30th of January 2019)
- Attendance at the Chardonnay & Sparkling Symposium in Gisborne (Thursday the 31st of January and Friday the 1st of February 2019)
- A combination of wine-related activities and tastings in other selected regions, providing not only winemaker interaction, but invaluable networking opportunities with international peers
- International and domestic flights, accommodation, meals, transfers, event registrations and all event inclusions
Applicants must be:
- A working sommelier
- Able to travel to New Zealand from Tuesday the 22nd of January to Saturday the 2nd ofFebruary 2019
Note: The Australian scholarship is delivered in partnership with Sommeliers Australia. Membership is not required on application, however if you are selected as one of the final scholars, you must be a Sommeliers Australia member prior to departing for New Zealand.
For any queries with regard to the scholarships available from Australia, please contact Natalie Grace - New Zealand Winegrowers Australia Market Manager: email@example.com