UPDATE - Due to the global impact of COVID-19 and the implications for the international on-premise community, the New Zealand Wine Sommelier Scholarship has been postponed for 2020. This is very much a postponement at this stage, not a cancellation, and we look forward to welcoming the next cohort of international "Sommiteers" to New Zealand as soon as it is possible from a global travel perspective, and of course as soon as the on-premise community has recovered from the effect of COVID-19. At this stage, we intend to open applications in early to mid 2021, for a Sommit™ experience in 2022. Thank you to those sommeliers who had already applied for this year's programme. Applications received thus far will be considered for the 2021 intake, and contacted to resubmit their applications at that time.
The scholarship will include:
- Attendance at the New Zealand Wine Sommit™
- Attendance at the New Zealand Aromatics Symposium or the New Zealand Classic Reds Symposium
- Attendance at Pinot Noir New Zealand
- Wine experiences and tastings in regions across New Zealand, providing winemaker interaction and invaluable discussion and debate opportunities with international peers
- International and domestic flights, accommodation, meals, transfers, event registrations and all event inclusions
Applicants must be:
- A working sommelier
- A member of Sommeliers Australia at time of scholarship acceptance. Non-members are welcome apply, and if successful must become a member to accept the scholarship.
- Able to travel to New Zealand during (TBC) designated dates in 2022
For any queries with regard to the scholarships available from Australia, please contact Felicity Turner - New Zealand Winegrowers Market Implementation & Education Manager: email@example.com