Due to COVID-19, the Southern Pinot Noir Workshop that was meant to be held on 20-23 January 2022 has been cancelled. This has given us the opportunity to organise a webinar together with a regional tasting.
The guest speaker is Bruno Fedrizzi who will discuss issues related to sulphides in Pinot Noir. Numerous wineries have submitted samples which Bruno will analyse, he will present his research as well as discuss these samples with regards to the identification of the sulphides, likely causes and possible solutions.
Regional workshops are being set up in Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa, Marlborough, Nelson, North Canterbury and Central. Six wines will be sent to a central location in each region. Winemakers and viticulturists are invited to attend to hear Bruno’s presentation and taste these wines.
For venue details contact the regional representative:
- Hawke's Bay: Cairn Coghill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wairarapa: Ben McNab email@example.com
- Marlborough: Nick Entwistle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nelson: Brett Birmingham email@example.com
- North Canterbury: Dom Maxwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Otago: Jen Parr email@example.com
There may be a small charge, please ask your regional contact regarding this matter.