OWNZ engages in research and education to promote knowledge-sharing about organic growing and works to educate the world about New Zealand organic and biodynamic wines.
- The Organic Focus Vineyard Project educates growers on how to go organic
- The Organic and Biodynamic Winegrowing Conference, a multi-day biennial event featuring talks, tastings and more
- Field days and seminars on organic practice
- Mentoring for new organic growers
- Organic publicity initiatives, including consumer tastings, media and overseas events
Organic grape and wine production is a growing part of the New Zealand wine world. Ten percent of New Zealand wineries now hold organic certification, including many of our iconic, world-renowned producers.