Brodie Estate – single vineyard, boutique winery
A small family owned vineyard based in Martinborough in the lower North Island.
• Martinborough was the first place to grow Pinot Noir successfully in New Zealand.
• Special climate, low rainfall, good heat in the summer but rarely above 31 degrees.
• Long warm autumns with little rain and cool nights – perfect Pinot growing climate
• Terroir – silts over clays, then an iron-pan with tight gravels below
• Martinborough Pinot has similar phenolics to Central Otago Pinot except Martinborough wines have one less of the fruity characteristics and two or more that express forest
Brodie Estate's Cellar Door is open for guests to taste our full range of wines, all made in our winery. We offer a tasting experience, or if you would like to delve a little deeper join us for a flight of wines including the option of a vertical tasting of Pinot Noir our flagship variety in Martinborough.