Established in 1984, our land was originally owned by the founding father of Martinborough, John Martin, in the late 1800s. The 150 year-old cottage that still stands on our property serves as both an icon and hospitality center for our winery. Our wines come from our 250 acres of sustainably-farmed vineyards planted on ancient riverbeds. While our passion and specialty at Te Kairanga has always been Pinot Noir, we also make small amounts of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Pinot Gris.
Our Cellar Door is a true legacy from Martinborough’s pioneering past. The building was built in the late 1800’s in a classic farm cottage design, housed John Martin’s senior stockman. With its rustic aesthetic, inviting surroundings, intimate setting and award winning wines – this cellar door is a must see.